Wednesday, December 20, 2006

"DovBear" on Republicans: September 04, 2006

DovBear:
...Chris Mathews and Pat Buchanan, who had the following exchange on a recent edition of Hardline 11

Mathews: When are we going to notice that the neocons don't know what they're talking about? They're not looking at this country's long-term interests. They're bound up in regional and global ideology, and they have had no experience... I don't know why we keep falling for it--and the president, you say is he free of these guys yet or not?

Buchanan: I certainly hope the president is not listening to them, because I really question whether they've got America's national interest at heart.
TNR:
Yet Matthews appears ever more deeply wedded to his blame-the-nerds theory. In another recent broadcast, he asked Pat Buchanan:

When are we going to notice that the neocons don't know what they're talking about? They're not looking at this country's long-term interests. They're bound up in regional and global ideology, and they have had no experience--I'll say it again--in even a schoolyard fight. They don't know what physical fighting is all about. They went to school and were intellectuals, but they want our government to be their big brother. I don't get it. I don't know why we keep falling for it--and the president, you say is he free of these guys yet or not?

Buchanan replied, "I certainly hope the president is not listening to them, because I really question whether they've got America's national interest at heart."
DB:
A more suspicious mind might detect in this some ugly insinuations, but I prefer to take their words at face value.
TNR:
A more suspicious mind might detect in this some ugly insinuations, but I prefer to take Matthews's theory at face value.


Screenshot of original post here.

No comments: